Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Change software in accordance with new requirements.
- Analyse new requirements and find possible solutions.
- Documentation and version control.
- Assistance in support queries.
- Testing new software and providing feedback to the software team
- Peer code reviews
Qualification & Experience Required:
- IT Degree/ Diploma.
- 1-3 Years Software Development experience.
Technical skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows OS (various versions) including services, user administration.
- Scripting various languages, C#
- At least one programming language should be Java or HTML
- Good knowledge of a database including SQL (Preferred MS SQL)
- Basic knowledge of network, firewall.
Personal Characteristics / Abilities / Critical Success factors
- A passion for solving problems and learning how things work
- Ability to interact effectively with both non-technical users and highly technical users
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Willingness to research and figure out complex software and IT systems
- A desire to make things more efficient
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to be productive without supervision
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand new tasks and ideas
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Possess a strong desire for self-improvement and advancement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all technical and business situations
- Strong interpersonal skills & high attention to detail
- Ability to apply logic skills providing solutions for assigned projects